Wednesday, July 17

Waaaaweaning





I had the most incredible, smooth sailing, experience through pregnancy, birthing, and keeping up with a one year old.  Suddenly, I find myself emotional with my 14 month old. Now I get it.  Hormones.

I began the weaning process and suddenly felt myself feel sad that Tagg is growing up and our traditions are changing.  In my mind I'm telling myself, "This is going to be so amazing to finally have my body be just MY body after sharing it for two years."  But my heart is saying, "Don't stop nursing, don't let this baby grow up. Don't let yourself leave such a beautiful, miraculous stage."

I know it's time. I know it's for the best. I know everyone around me would say, "Time to have another baby."


For now, it's just the two of us making our way through the weaning process pretty gracefully.  Not hormone free, but gracefully.

2 comments:

emi said...

That first picture!! I am dying at how cute it is. I'm sure it's bittersweet to see Taggie growing up, but he's only getting cuter and more fun so it's more sweet!! Love you so much, thanks for bringing him into our lives!

Jennifer said...

I know what you mean. I haven't started weaning yet, but it is looming in the back of my mind. I look forward to the freedom, but reluctant to lose that bonding time...it amazes me how fast these little ones are growing!