Saturday, December 6

BABY GIRL!!!



SHE'S SMILING!! Probably because she knows she fooled us and convinced me we were 100% expecting a boy.  We were in complete shock when we found out.  I guess that is definitely something to smile about.

We had the ultrasound tech put the gender in an envelope. We took it to Redrock and had our waiter open the envelope.  We said bring out a sausage pizza if it's a boy and bring out a pear pizza if it's a girl. We could not believe our eyes when he brought out the pear pizza with pink med-well steak sticks decorating the pizza. 

 It was such a fun feeling and fun way to find out.  The whole night we could not wipe the smiles off our faces.  We get a daughter! And we were tricked! Even the ultrasound tech said as we left our appointment, "bye Taggart, you are getting a buddy to play with." No one calls a girl or sister a buddy. That clearly gave away we are expecting another boy.  She must have been in on the trick as well. 

We will return often to Redrock with this little girl to reminisce this night and feeling.  But we will NEVER order the pear pizza again.  I got so sick I felt like I was about to die. I kept telling Brady, I do not know what is happening to my body but this is bad. I also got so worried we were going to miscarry because I felt so terrible. I spent the next 8 hrs after Redrock food poisoned or shocked.

One comforting thing that got me through the night was cuddling this new quilt I had made.  This should have been my first sign I was having a girl because I had picked out the fabrics a year ago and wanted purple in it so bad. And how fitting to have it all ready and girly for this babe. This was the only thing girly in our house until Tagg and I picked out this for our little gal! I love the pink feet. Tagg walks him around like a puppet saying, "for the new baby."


2 comments:

emi said...

YAY for a GIRL!!!!!!!!

i love hearing the story of how you guys found out - i hadn't heard that!! DYING that you got sick though... :( i'll stay away from the pear pizza!

Linda Dunn said...

I can't believe I haven't seen this post yet. I knew all about the fun way to find out, but it is another thing to see it. I love the darling pictures and your quilt and pink footed darling toy!!